Friday, October 14, 2011

Free Pie

The day I got back from New York was Tuesday, the Busiest Day Of The Week!

As soon as Nick gets home a 3:30, I give the kids snack, get Nate to change into his gi (karate clothes), drive to Nate's karate class. While Nate is in class I pick up the CSA stuff, return the glass bottles I have, stop at the dry cleaners, and sometimes pick up a pizza.

Once nate's class is over I cram the kids back in the car, stop home long enough to put the new milk in the fridge, then drive the 20 minutes to piano class.

I sit in the piano lessons so I can help the boys practice.

After piano I had to drive back home, drop the kids off, grab a slice of pizza, then turn around and drive back to church, which is around the corner from the piano lesson place, for a Board meeting that goes from 7 to 9pm. I am always late.

This week was different because Steve had taken my car to a work meeting, so I had to take his car to Karate. We met up at the shopping place, to divvy up the errands and the kids, and I was dizzy with being sick and all the stuff I had to do, and I had no voice.

So when I got out of my car and saw a guy waving a sign that said "FREE PIE!" I kind of just stood there with my mouth open wide for a few seconds. Wait I thought. Am I dreaming?

But no, I wasn't dreaming. A new store opened up in the little strip of stores, and this one sells PIES!

Wonderful pies. Steve had already gotten me a free pie. It was a berry pie. It was small, but deep, and the crust was wonderful and beautiful. I want to go back and buy a pie for everyone I know.

I ate the whole thing myself.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

STOP IT! Stop it! Stop it! You know how I feel about pie!!! Especially berry pies!! O, no! My eyes are already starting to roll back into my head at the thought of FREE pie! Mmmmmm, pie, mmmmmm!