Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Forgetful or insane

My forgetfulness is starting to concern me.

I keep forgetting my parents phone number.

Now, I know people program numbers into cell phones and so never get to know the info. But I am not one of those people. I mean, yes I have a cell phone, and numbers are in there, but I usually use my land line. I actually dial that number once or twice a week for most of the months of the year. In fact, I dialed that number in the morning with no issues, but that afternoon I was convinced it was something else. I checked the emergency phone list I keep by the phone for the pet-care folks. But the number I had there was the number I had been dialing. Meaning the wrong one.

And this is not the first time that it has happened. If I have to ask Jamie what our parent's phone number is one more time, He might have me committed. Or I might die of embarrassment.

Does everyone have these concerns about themselves? Does everyone start to wonder, at some point, if being forgetful or absurdly absent minded is normal, or the signs of some more serious brain disorder?

2 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Sometimes I forget my number!!

LARISSA said...

I remember the number to 59 Walnut Court. 201-568-0091.