Monday, February 06, 2012

PB&J

I have a new rule for lunchtime. 

I tell the kids what we are having for lunch. I might say "We are having left over spaghetti"or "I am making Mac & Cheese." 

The boys can then let me know if they choose something else. "I hate Mac & Cheese!" Nate might say. This is OK. As a parent, I value my children't right to have preferences. 

But I hate making eleven lunches and refuse to to it.

This means Nate can then either not eat, which means he will be hungry and ask for snack before 1pm, or he can make his own sandwiches. 

All three boys have been learning to make their own sandwiches. 



It isn't as easy as you'd think. It turns out, none of the kids could figure out where I kept the cheese, and I spent a good three minutes teaching Nate how to open the Jar of strawberry jam. "Turn the lid. On the jar. Hold the jar in one hand and the lid in the... now turn the.... just... like.... ugh!"

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Fabulous! They are really boys. Love the fact they can't even figure out how to open a jar! O, they will make wonderful husbands & boon companions!