Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Calendar

I keep a date book.

It's an old-fashioned one. And by that I mean that it's paper, and I write in it with a pen. I keep everything I need to do in it - not only lists of weekly tasks, like "grocery shopping" or "laundry" but doctor's appointments, hair appointments, T-ball practices... everything.

I know there are more modern ways to keep calendars. For example, I have one on my computer. I've plugged a few things into it, just for kicks. Meetings I need to attend for church, parent / teacher conferences, etc. I also have one on my i-pad, which comes in handy if I happen to bring it with me. And I have one on my phone, which I use every once and awhile, but which is hard to use because the keyboard is small, and I have people-sized fingers.

The things is, these calendars don't speak to each other. Now, I have a mac. I have an iPhone. As far as I can tell, these calendars are the same. But no matter what I sync, no matter what settings I type in, none of the information ever carries over from one to the other.

Steve told me to google it, which I did. But I couldn't understand half of it. Aside from general computer terminology, many program names also happen to be regular words. Like "exchange." If you don't know this is a program instead of a verb or noun, you could get confused. And what I did understand didn't work.

Steve then told me I should use a different program, but I don't want to re-enter all the information I have already entered.

I beat my head against the counter and screamed and yelled and wondered why why WHY this had to be so HARD! There must be something, some way to make this easier....

And there is. It's called a pen and paper. My regular, old-fashioned journal.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

It's all about having a gmail account.

Jean said...

Thank God for my refridgerator magnet pad -- it's in a very convenient place, where I visit too often -- nonetheless it's my go-to diary for all!!!

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Jamie's right, but Yahoo Mail also has a calendar that's just as close as your computer &, like Google's, it sends you reminders! Try one of them! Please tell me you are NOT using the Mail program that comes with Mac -- it's awful!