Sunday, April 08, 2012

Happy Easter

 We segregate our eggs - ones for hiding, and ones for just looking at because they are not hard boiled and will make a huge mess if they break. Next year I'm going to try actually blowing the eggs out. The  psanky (decorated with wax) not the regular kid ones. I'm still not very good at it, and it does get rather tedious, especially when you're trying to help the boys, who need help with the wax and the open flame. But I just think they look so much better.




Regardless, Easter is not all about the eggs. It's also about chocolate and going to church in fancy hats and listening to that song they sing every year! Resurrection and religion aside, I also feel Easter is about the real beginning of Spring. A resurrection of nature, if you will.

Happy Easter, Everyone!

2 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Wow! All beautiful eggs. I'll bet the Easter Bunny left you some really good chocolate in exchange! Save me some bunny feet!!!

LARISSA said...

The pysanky are great!!