Saturday, June 09, 2012

Birthday Boy


We had Nick's Birthday Party last night.

I know, I know, his birthday was over a week ago, but with the long weekend, and then all the doings with 10th anniversary stuff and church stuff, we lost the opportunity to have his party before or right after the date.

S o we had it last night. It's closer to Steve's Birthday than to Nick's but whatever. It doesn't look like Nick minds. I think he was happy.


There is a down side. After each of the kids' parties, I experience post-party anxiety. Did the kids have a good time? Were the other parents horrified because of the movie we let them watch? The candy in the goody-bags, the  late ending-tie for the party? I should have chosen a different time so the boys could do karate and the karate friends wouldn't have had to be late. I should have found a cake the kids with peanut allergies could eat.

I know that this is woulda coulda stuff, and I can always change going forward if it means so much. I know the parents are not giving this party a second thought - this was the first party all of the parents dropped off. (And it went past 8pm. Like a big kid party, you know?)

Still, I woke at 1am and couldn't get back to sleep. I felt like I did when I drink too much wine, which doesn't happen that often - not since I realized it caused insomnia. And also, last night I didn't have any wine at all. I think I just freak out in social situations. And if I can't get it together to freak out beforehand, I'll do it afterwards.

As long as Nick had a great time, it doesn't really matter.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Nick is beaming in that pic! What really matters is you found time to freak out --every good hostess worries about her guests. This proves you are a good hostess!