Monday, June 04, 2012

Dirt Patch

I finally planted the few seedlings and the remaining seeds. Once again, Ladies and Gentlemen, I have a dirt patch in my back yard.

Every year I do this. I plant things back there and then struggle to get them to grow. Some years the plants do well, and others... not so much. It depends on rain and sun, and also on our summer vacation schedule.

Every year I also tell myself that this is the last year for this particular dirt patch. Next year I will clean out an area of our back yard. I can pick an area that is flat, so I won't have to worry so much about the run-off washing away planted seeds.  I can plant twice as much. But I'll have to clear the area of grass and grass roots, and I'll also have to weed it all constantly, and besides that I'll have to somehow keep the animals away. The deer have come as close as the swingset, see. There are also rabbits and mice. 

But this time I mean it. Next year. Next year! I found a cute picket fence in the woods - something the previous owners left there, no doubt. I can paint that and it'll look really cute. 

Of course, since I planted the seeds a week ago and nothing has happened, I'm wondering if I should even bother...





1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Are you mixing in MiracleGro or some other plant food? It really does make a huge difference from what I've seen.