Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Florida Family

One of the best things about visiting Florida is that we get to see family.

My Aunt Myrtle lives in Florida, not too far from Daytona Beach. She lives there with my cousin Andy.

There is a little bit of a generation gap between my Florida cousins and myself. My mother's brother was much older than she was, and when she was still quite young he had married Myrtle and they had a couple of children.

My mother, on the other hand, waited longer to have a family. She was (gasp) almost 30 when she had me.

The result is that my cousins had children that were the same age as my brothers and sister. One of them, Scott, still lives there with his wife and their two kids. (Keli  lives in Paris - she's the one with that cute little baby, remember?)

I'm embarrassed to say that, even though I had my camera, I didn't take a great number of pictures during our visit. I suppose I don't want to get in the way of having comfortable conversation with relatives I rarely see, and then just forget to get out the camera. Jamie has some great group shots.


Florida 2012

I did, however, manage to take a few of the boys playing in someone's bedroom. Ah, family!









1 comment:

A Frenchie + an American in Paris +1 said...

Looks like the boys (all 5 of them!) had a great time playing together. Hope you guys enjoyed your visit. Iknow my grandmother certainly did. She was very happy! :)