Thursday, October 18, 2012

Thursday Kitchen Update

Well, it's almost done.

As of this moment, we are missing an oven. There are two light fixtures that need to be installed. A patch of ceiling needs to be sanded and one spot around a ceiling light needs to be painted over. One drawer handle needs to be installed.

And the workers need to pick up 1 floor pad and 1 light they left behind.

I have got to find homes for things yet to be put away - the pool table is full of items. Pots, waffle irons, cookie cutters... various kitchen items I forgot we have, rarely use, cannot give away because what if we decide we NEED to.... I don't know.... make three thousand batches of cookies with a cookie press? What if we did that and I had given the presses away?

I also need to comb through the hutch and it's drawers. I need to go through the cupboards in the "new" laundry room and figure out what should be kept in there. I need to figure out a way to put up the tall cleaning items, like the broom and the mop.

And then I need to move things places, actually do the work. Buy a new microwave that isn't melting in the back. A new toaster oven that heats from above and below.

Thinking about it makes me tired.

But I love my new kitchen.


It looks like this:

2 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Holy-camoly! It's beautiful! Can't wait to cook in it with you!

Jamie said...

Wow!! Looks fantastic. Congratulations!!