Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Packing - Part 2


I make lists.

It's a thing I do. It helps me cope. If I have a grocery list, I know I can rush in and out of the store. If I know what I need at the mall, I can go right to the stores and not forget everything.

The problem is, I keep so many lists in so many places, I can't keep track. I also sometimes make multiple lists. For example - this upcoming trip to Disney World I have been looking forward to. I know I've made at least three lists of what I should pack, and at least five lists of items I need to buy at the store for that particular trip.

When it was time to go to the store I went looking for one of those lists.

I couldn't find one.

I went digging through bags, and sorting through papers. I went leafing through the notebooks in my nightstand - I often keep notes and lists in there.

And I thought, for a minute, that I had found a "what to pack" list. It was right in front of the meal plan, the schedule of dinners I'd made last week.

But then I realized that the list I was looking at was... wrong. Sip cups? Diapers?

What I was looking at was actually a list I had made for our LAST trip to Disney World. It's four years old. It was right in there with pages of which T-shirts I packed for the boys, and which crackers to put in the carry-on. And pages and pages of weekly meal menus from 2008.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Part of being organised is throwing out the OLD lists, you goofball! Have fun!