Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Feeling Lucky


So one morning last week I came upstairs from running on the treadmill to find this:

Playing Go Fish For Cash - 2013

The boys had playing cards clutched in their hands, and yes, that is a pile of dollar bills in the middle of the table.

I was still a bit dizzy from running, so for a moment we all just stared at each other.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"We're playing Go Fish for cash," Nick said.

He said it with a completely straight face.

Steve and I don't play cards. We don't even play poker. The only people I think they might have seen play cards for money is Steve's family. Sometimes they play for nickels and dimes.

But apparently they felt they needed to win some cash for the Book Fair, and so convinced Andy to put his dollar bills on the table. That's right, Andy was the only one with the cash to play.

I gave all the money back to Andy and told the boys they needed to play with pennies from now on.

2 comments:

Jean said...

Ilove it!!!!!!

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

I am so glad you are documenting this for posterity...because when you try to tell them that they once rooked their baby brother out of all his cash they will look at you like you are crazy & making it all up!