Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Logic

Andy had a sore toe.

I knew he'd hurt it, and I'd put a band-aid on it a few days earlier, but I suddenly got a good look at it when his brothers were in karate and eww... it was so gross. The toenail looked ingrown, but there was a cut and the whole thing was swollen. No further detail. Just trust me, it was gross.

I was concerned enough to take immediate action, so I told Andy we were going right to CVS to get bactine, neosporin, and some band-aids.

"You get to pick whichever band-aids you want," I said.

"Yes," said Andy, playing into this as only he can. "And then I get to dump them all out and pick the one I want on my toe."

"Why do you need to dump them out?" I asked. "Then we have to get all the others back into the box. Why can't you just look into the box and take out the one you want?"

"I can't do that. My eyes are too short."

Andy, examining his dinner, March 2013


1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

That child too is a genius! You are surely lucky to have so many genii living in your home!