Friday, April 05, 2013

Then I Made These


I don't want this to become a food blog. I have no business food blogging because I have trouble following a recipe and have to look up how to spell "recipe" each time I write the word. (Recipie? Recepie? I really want that "i" at the end.)

But I love looking up other people's recipes. And trying to make things myself. Sometimes these things are kinds of chicken or avacado enchilladas. And sometimes... sometimes they are these.

Caramel Stuffed Krispie Bars. I found the link on Greens and Chocolate.

I tried making Rice Krispie bars once when I was a teenager and for some reason the treats hardened halfway into the pan, so I got this really hard three dimensional krispie creation that was really too hard to even chew.

But these... the caramel... it just looked so good.

So I gave it a try.
Caramel stuffed Krispie Bars 2013

I did a little research and found out that I had probably overcooked the marshmallows, turning it all into hard candy when it cooled.

This time I had the advantage of a microwave (remember when we used to not have one?) and it made the process a little easier.

I won't lie. These were really really sweet. And I cut them too big. the kids weren't able to finish theirs. Steve didn't even want one. But hey... if you're looking for a real treat... this could be it. All I need is a way to package them individually and I have take-away treat for a party or a special teacher gift.


Caramel Stuffed Krispie Bars 2013

No comments: