Saturday, April 06, 2013

Pink

I did some online shopping.

It's just so much easier than dragging all three boys around the mall, or the outlets. As long as I know what I'm looking for, the sizes, I can add things to my basket with a click.

I was shopping for summer clothes, and I let the boys pick out a pair of summer PJs so that they could have at least one nice pair.

Andy chose a cute pair with sharks. Nate chose bugs. Nick chose the pink stripes.

Yes, the pink stripes. I tried explaining that they were supposed to be for girls. "Are you sure sure sure?" I asked. But yes, he was sure sure sure. He wanted pink, and the pink ones were right there, and why couldn't he just get the pink ones?

He used the same excuse when he was getting sandals. He had wanted the pink ones but I said no. I pictured him wearing them to school once, getting made fun of on the bus, and him never wanting to put them on his feet again. And you think I'm over reacting but seriously all three of these kids have sneakers which they refuse to wear, meanwhile they're putting on worn  merrell slip ons day after day, ones with hols in them that now smell really really not so great...

where was I?

Oh, yes. So I told Nick no pink sandas. He got upset because he has a friend who gets to wer pink sandals. I reminded him that this friend has a younger sister to inherit discarded clothing and here no one else would get to wear them. So we settled on Light Blue sandals. They are stil clearly a "girl" color, but then again, I hate the whole girl color thing, so, you know. Whatever.

Anyway, Nick loves his new Pajamas.

Andy and Nick - March 2013

4 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

I love his pjs too! They look great on him!!

Jamie said...

Why are we still gendering colors? Is it 1952? Those PJs look awesome, and wow, those boys are getting so tall!!

Uncle Stevie said...

Looking Good, Nick! It takes a real man to wear what he thinks looks good with confidence. Kudos, dude. You're rockin' it!

Jean said...

Agree -- lookin' great!!