Friday, May 02, 2008

Fancy Nancy



We take many books out of the library each week. This past week we ended up taking out a book called "Fancy Nancy: Bonjour Butterfly" It turns out this book is part of the Fancy Nancy series. Fancy Nancy, apparently, is a little girly girl who likes frilly things. She constantly overdresses, over reacts, and uses large vocabulary words like "exquisite" and "gorgeous." So you can see the draw this character would have on my two boys. I picked this book because it was closest to my hand.

But the truth is, Nick and Nate both LOVE this book. I think, at first, they liked the occasional French words and the dresses or the butterflies... but then.. well, then, at the end of the book, during the very exciting part where the butterfly flies right up to Nancy and flutters there, right in front of her, while I was using my most excited quiet voice... Nate farted. Loudly. And all three of us dissolved in a fit of inappropriate giggles.

And now, in our house, this is the sound butterflies make. Which is too bad, because I really have a thing for butterflies.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

haha, that's great. do you think it was intentional?

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Ah, of course, the old "float lke a butterfly, stink like a fart!" I think Nate just misremembered the classic Cassius Clay/Muhammed Ali line.

Anonymous said...

brilliant. i always knew they understood fine literature on a deeper level. :)

mo

love to all!