Monday, May 26, 2008

Day Off



Three day Weekends really throw me off. I used to look forward to them with gleeful anticipation, imagining all the things I would do with my day off. But these days three day weekends are just torture. Because our entire routine is thrown off. Nick doesn't have school. The mail doesn't come. Any trip to the store means fighting the billions of shoppers that have a day off. Steve is around, and even though that's supposed to help, it doesn't because the kids will sense he is not working, and will run back and forth from him to me, making it impossible to know which one of us will be responsible when one of them breaks an arm or punches a hole in the floor.

The worst part of it is, everyone else in the world is on Day Off mentality, and I am not. I am working. I am doing exactly what I usually do, except my support staff, the teachers and the postal workers and the TV schedules, have all decided to play hooky.

By the way, I have no idea who "Michael" is. I think it was one of the other kids at the park Nick just decided to play with.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

You forgot to check the mommy-contract before signing: I think there are no days off...at all. There are other perqs, but no days off. And if you do take/get a day off, you spend it wondering where & how they are, what they are doing, who's with them, etc. It's all good, but it's exhausting.

Now, as to the video: I am glad to see that Nick is dressed in camo to celebrate the Memorial Day Wknd!