Monday, May 05, 2008

Two Faced

Yesterday Nick went to a birthday party which specified "Dropping Your Child Off" at a specific time. He hasn't been going to parties long, but this was the first time I ever dropped him off anywhere that wasn't, say, school, at least without a family member.

And suddenly I didn't want to leave him. I mean, I had never been to the party location. I hardly knew the parents of the birthday kid. They hardly knew my son. What if something happened?

At the same time, I was thrilled to have a whole 90 minutes to myself.

I went to the bookstore, and kept checking the time. I wondered if I would look suspicious sitting in the car reading outside the party location.

Then I got into the car and realized I would be late if I didn't move. I was sad my ME time was over.

But I was so happy to see Nick.

3 comments:

Debs said...

Ahhh. That does sound hard. Your baby is turning into a big boy.

Jamie said...

what kindof party lasts 90 minutes?

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Ahh, 90 min of peace & quiet dedicated to YOU...& just enough time to fill 'em with enough sugar & excitement to keep you hopping the rest of the day & maybe enjoying it just a little! But if you were alone for 90 min, what did you do with the other 2 kids????