Saturday, November 29, 2008

The City That Never Sleeps


Thanksgiving is always a circus. And my trips to New York are always hectic. So these past few days have been... well, a hectic circus?

I saw Mike Daisey's show, If You See Something Say Something, which was very good. There are two more shows Sunday at the Public, and you should really look into going if you're in NY.

I didn't get to hang out with Mike, however, because I felt the need to rush back to my parents' apartment and take care of my sick children. Nate got an ear infection the day before we left. I'm sure Andy has one now - he's been coughing and snotting and fevering since Wednesday. And Nick complains of a headache every two hours.

Despite many illnesses, we managed to make it to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, where we saw knights and mummies and statues. Friday we saw the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular, which was... spectacular. Although I'm not sure who thought a tap routine to The Twelve Days Of Christmas was entirely necessary. And I saw Anne-E and Jamie's new apartment!

Thursday Steve took Nick and Nate to the Parade. And although I didn't drink until dinner, I managed to drink quite a lot, more than I realized, until I spilled wine all over Meg's Father. Then I forced everyone to listen to me screech out songs I didn't know the words to.

New York is a great place to visit.... but honestly, I can't see why anyone would want to live there. I'm home in my quiet house. I hear no noises from outside but the occasional car or dog barking. And although I miss my family already, tonight I can relax and sleep well.

2 comments:

mbean said...

please endeavor not to forget the part where my dad mopped ice cream off your butt. the wine didn't faze him at all. and you were not screeching. even if you were, I doubt anyone would have noticed given that it was thanksgiving and we were all a little tipsy.

love,
meg

ps- come back soon!

Jamie said...

Thanks sooooo much for comin down!! It was so good to see you and the boys!