Saturday, November 22, 2008

O Christmas Tree!

Today we went to the Festival Of Trees! This is the one where people and businesses decorate trees, and they are usually really creative - this year we saw trees decorated with toy trucks, a "tea" tree with boxes of tea as ornaments and a garland of sugar packets, a Dr. Suess tree with colorful fluff for branches and a few books underneath... All in all there are hundreds of trees. And each tree is raffled off. Last year we one a tree - I think we might have been one of five people who bid on it, as it was rather dull, as trees go. But still, we won! I'm not convinced our luck will hold this year. Although I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the "Paris" tree, or the one decorated with boxes of chocolate.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

hmmm I just clicked on that link and I am hoping you didn't bid on the tree with the marble casket that reads "land of the free because of the brave." it is not particularly festive.

Debs said...

did you get one?