Friday, November 07, 2008

need new cabinets

The focus these days is all on money. Well, the economy, which doesn't seem to be exactly the same thing, but money is how we measure it. Even though we still seem to be fine, I've become very aware that things could get "really bad" any day now, and I've started to pay more attention to my spending.

The thing is, money is like storage space. No matter how much you have, it's never enough. My house could be lines in drawers and cabinets from floor to ceiling, and I would still have a pile of laundry on the floor, and pots and pans I needed to keep on the counter because there's no room for them anywhere else. The thing is, I don't NEED all that storage space, I just think I do. It's either not full, or I'm storing stuff in the hall closet I really don't need. Like my ice skates. I can't tell you when I last put on a pair of ice skates.

So I guess when I start looking at my receipts and trying to separate needs and wants, it's a little like going through cabinets and throwing away what is broken or what is not being used.

But the day after I started my project the kids started getting sick, and doctor's appointments and co-pays for antibiotics messed everything up. I dislike ear infections.

2 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

It doesn't matter - if you do manage to get rid of stuff or declutter, it is the very stuff you will need imediately after the sanitation truck or Salvation Army truck pulls away!!

Anne-E. said...

I share your dislike for ear infections.