Friday, November 14, 2008

Jingle jingle

Is it me, or is it just too early for Christmas music?

We're rehearsing it in the choir, but that makes sense to me because it requires preparation, and then there will be two or three weekends to sing in.

But turning over entire radio stations to Winter Wonderland and such before Thanksgiving? I find this a bit much.

Additionally, the Giving Tree is up at the Library. The tree's ornaments are slips of paper shaped like mittens, and each has a gift on it - PJ's for a 10 year old girl, boots or mittens for a 4 year old boy, etc. The items are for families that can't afford these things on their own, and I always make it a point to look for a few little girl items that I can pick up, because shopping for girls is fun, especially when you don't have to hear them tell you how much they hate what you got them.

Well, I had about three seconds to look for a "good" mitten when I realized that Nick and Nate were just plucking them off the tree like it was mitten harvest time. I kept taking them away and trying to put them back on the tree, but it takes MUCH longer to do that than to yank them down. Nick eventually stopped, but Nathan couldn't understand WHY he COULDN'T HAVE A MITTEN!

No comments: