Friday, November 28, 2008

Letter To Santa

Dear Santa

I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving as much as I did. I'm sure you were all very busy what with all the mouths to feed - those elves and all the reindeer. Do you get turkey up there at the North Pole?

I know that it's a busy time of year, and judging from how long the holiday decorations have been out, I'm late instead of early. But given your limited time I thought I might send out a few helpful hints about gifts for the people in our household. I know it is difficult because, unlike so many people, none of us really NEED anything. In fact, this house is cluttered with toys and objects and... random stuff. But these tips might come in useful.

First of all, PLEASE NO STUFFED ANIMALS. I know they are cute and cuddly and hard to resist, but please PLEASE resist. We have so many already. In fact, if you need some, let me know and I can send a few your way!

Second, please consider SIZE when you deliver gifts. I know, huge ride around toys and life sized stuffed animals get the biggest reactions, but they are also the most difficult to find homes for. While we do have a good sized home, most of it is filled with stuff. Besides, doesn't your sleigh get kind of heavy and weighed down? Think of those reindeer! And consider toys that will fit on a shelf or in a toy bin.

NOW - enough of what NOT to do. Specifically, Nicholas has asked for "a small pink oven" that I think he saw in a TV commercial, and I am not planning on getting it for him because WE HAVE AN OVEN. (Irony at work - this is the same reason my mother refused to get me one.) Nathan has not specified anything other than "WALL-E." The boys are particularly taken with Wall-E, and while they have the movie, I know they would appreciate any toy or object with him on it. (Not luggage, please.) They also like Batman, Spiderman, Cars (the Pixar film) and I can talk them into almost anything Disney. As always, they particularly appreciate books or art supplies, and they have recently become interested in kid's cookbooks. And Andy is too little to make requests. He will probably be happy with the paper and the boxes.

Now, my boys are kind of strange. Maybe it's my fault, but they really like thinks like new plates, cups, flashlights, bags, sheets, umbrellas, and other items that would not usually be considered TOYS. Just so you know. They also really like new clothes. Sizes I am currently buying (meaning room to grow) are as follows:

Nick - size 5 clothes, size 11 shoe
Nate - size 4 clothes, size 9.5 or 10 shoe
Andy - size 18 months, size 5 shoe

Oh, and Santa, I just want to remind you that Andy's birthday is the week before Christmas and Nate's is the following month. I know the holidays are distracting, but I'm sure at least Nate would appreciate a phone call on turning 3.

As for Steve, I have no idea what he wants. If I did, I wouldn't tell you, I'd go out and get it myself. I can tell you he appreciates everything, and he is constantly buying computer wires and boxes and complicated items from newegg.com.

And finally, me. I like everything, and require practically nothing. If you want to get me something really great you can put a new deck in your sack! Or a gift certificate to Home Depot would come in really handy, as I plan on doing a lot of painting around the house in the coming year. I also love books, blank notebooks, pens, random scrapbooking stuff, clothes, stiff drinks, and walks on the beach. Or, if you want something easy but that will be REALLY appreciated, get me some Olay face cream or a case of Dr. Pepper. Or some caramels.

Anyhow, that's all the help and guidance I can give. If you have any specific questions, or you want to check and see if anyone has anything, give me a call or email me! I hope your Holiday Season is bright and happy! See you Christmas Eve!

Kathleen

No comments: