Monday, January 17, 2011

Life On Hold

I was sitting in my bed with Andrew. We were both reading, but I was really trying to get him to take a nap. It's how we do things - read until we pass out. We're alike that way. And at nap time, it's kind of like a competition to see who can stay awake the longest. Some days I win. Some days he wins.

We'd been sitting there for awhile, and I noticed that he wasn't settling. In fact, he was shifting around in a funny kind of way.

"Andy, do you need to use the potty?" I asked.

Andy nodded. Then he handed me the book he was reading as he climbed off the bed. "Here," he said. "Pause this."

?

...

Because otherwise the book would just keep on reading itself, I guess, and might end before he got back?

3 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Too much exposure to electronic devices!!!

Jean said...

This is so cute. I love they way their little minds operate!!

g. fox said...

Gimme that kid. the cuteness is overwhelming.