Friday, January 07, 2011

Tea for Me

I found this tea...

It's a Republic of Tea tea. Herbal. They have a line of "Get Some" teas. Actually, the formal name would be "Be Well Red Teas," but the teas are named "Get Clean" or "Get Gorgeous" or "Get Wellness." I happened to purchase a tin of "Get Some ZZZ's" back before Christmas, when I was having trouble sleeping through the night.

I love this tea.

It's not how it tastes, even though I really like it. It's not so bitter and I can drink it with the bag still in it and no sweetener. But no, what's great about this tea is the dreams.

See, I don't get knocked out like with a medication, like Advil PM or some cold meds. I get a little sleepy, but it just feels like I'm sleepy.

Once I'm asleep, though, my dreams get loopy. They have this busy quality, like a lot is happening in them, and I get really caught up in what's going on in them. It could just be me, but I love dreams, especially good ones. And these are good ones.

At some point I realize the effect is going to wear off, but I'm enjoying it while I can. Also, you should try some of these teas. This one worked for me, so maybe the others work, too? You can check them out here.

No comments: