Thursday, January 27, 2011

More about the Grocery Store

I believe I may have mentioned my experiences in grocery shopping.

Well, something happened last week. Because of the snow and the school schedules, I was forced to put my grocery shopping off by one day. One little day. 24 hours. Which brought me to the grocery store on a Saturday.

My mother refuses to grocery shop on a Monday during the summer. Apparently that is the day all the summer people shop, because they show up on Sunday and then food shop the following day.

Well... My old grocery store gets a little more crowded on the weekends. Most people work, you see. But I have never, ever seen anything as crazy as this "cheap" grocery store on Saturday.

See, in addition to being a Saturday, it had been a stormy and snowy week. So people were less likely to stop off for a few items on their way home, and came on Saturday instead.

It was a madhouse. I have never seen a store like this. Not during storms, not on sale days. Not in France. Not at Whole Foods in NY the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. The lines for checkout went clear back into the produce section. After over two hours of pushing my way through the aisles, I spend a final hour waiting to be checked out and watching a teenage boy back items without the use of his brain.

So... from now on, I refuse to go to that store on a Saturday. I like it for weekdays, but in the rare case that I need to shop Weekends? I'm going back to My Old place.

No comments: