Friday, January 21, 2011

School's Out

The school called tonight. It is closed tomorrow. Because we are supposed to get snow. More snow. Because we already have more than we can use.

Remember last week when I posted a few photographs of snow on the deck? It was Wednesday of last week. Then we had the long Martin Luther King weekend with Monday off.

Tuesday it snowed again and the schools closed.

That night it rained. Schools were open on Wednesday, and I was kind of excited for some kid-free time. I made cookies for Nate's School Birthday celebration early in the morning. I packed up everyone's snow pants and boots and extra socks and hats and mittens. I packed Nick and Andy a snack. I made sure both Nate and Andy had show-and-tell items starting with the correct letters of the alphabet.

But the driveway was a skating rink. An uphill skating rink. I managed to get Nick to the top to wait for the bus, and he promptly sat down and slid down to the bottom on his behind. Even Steve's car wouldn't make it up. So then my head exploded, and I had to spend all day picking up little bits of brain out of the carpet.

See, none of the snow ever melted. It's as deep as it ever has been.

School is closed today. They called last night to let us know. More snow. On top of what we already have. Ugh.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Ugh. I feel for you. But if Gunther is there, let him clean up those little bits of brain in the carpet & you can go on to do other things.