Sunday, February 06, 2011

How to not live to see four

The other morning I made bagels for breakfast.

This is a treat for the boys. They love bagels. I think it's because we refused to let them have them for a long long time, due to the fact they are a choking hazard.

I place the plate of bagels on the table, and the boys oooed and ahhed, then I started to cut one up for Andy.

"NO! I want a whole one! DOn't cut it up!"

At this point my mind did a very speedy calculation, weighing the costs of having this argument this early against the possibility of anything actually happening added to Andy's ability to cram food into his mouth.

"OK, fine. Take this one, it's a whole one. But you have to chew it Very Very carefully!"

"OK!"

"And take small bites!"

"I will!"

"I'll put this other one back on the plate, and you can have a whole one."

"Thanks!.... Now cut this one up."

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

I'm not cooking for that one.