Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Camera Crusher

If I have a camera, or a cell phone, I will break it within a year.

No kidding.

My last cell phone got rained on and then just... died. But the one I have now has been great. It's an iphone, the one Steve had but couldn't use for work because of software incompatability issues.

My camera, on the other hand...

It was some time ago I wrecked my last camera. It was in my lap when I was in a car. I forgot about it and got out, stood up, camera smashed. At first there was just a ripped spot on the viewing screen, but the pictures turned out fine. Then the whole viewing screen went black, and I had to kind of guess what I was taking a picture of.

And then Steve got me this little red number. I loved it. Small enough to fit in my little bag, or in my pocket, it took very good photos. And red, so I knew it was mine. I took it with me so many places, just tossing it in my bag.

And then.... well, I looked down at it one day and thought "Hey! I never noticed the black ring around the zoom lens."

Um... there is no black ring around the zoom lens.

Well, not really. There is now, but only because the red covering has started to fall off. And then the little shutters that protect the lens fell off, the last one at the top of that mountain.

On that same trip I noticed that, when I use the zoom, there is a little blotch in the picture. It's not on the outside of the lens. I can't fix it.

Steve joked with me that we're not due to get a new camera for another two years. I laughed, but seriously WHAT is wrong with me? I'm worse than the kids.

When I DO get a new camera, whenever that is, I'm going to get a case. And use the case.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

I think, with 3 kids, 3 pets & a busy daily life, if your camera lasts 2+ years, you're doing pretty good!