Saturday, August 11, 2012

Some Kind Of Help...

I try to mop the floor once a week, on Clean The House Day.

I have to admit, this doesn't always happen. Sometimes vacuuming the rest of the house takes too long and I don't get around to it - It's usually the last thing I do. But other times I am able to dedicate the entire DAY to cleaning the house. Imagine the joy! But at least everything gets to be clean for a short time.

The other day I was able to finish cleaning the house by early afternoon. I finished mopping the floor - the last thing I always do, and then called Nick and Nate to come practice piano. I figured we'd at least be out of the kitchen for a bit that way, and the floor would have the chance to dry.

But when practicing was done and I walked out into the kitchen, the floor was not dry. In fact, it was wetter. I didn't realize this, though, until I walked across to the mop and bucket, still full of dirty water. I lifted it so I could empty it in the sink, but halfway up I slipped.

My feet skidded out from under me, and my whole body tilted back. For a moment I pictured myself cracking my skull on the kitchen counter.

I did manage to not fall. I even managed to keep my hold on the bucket of dirty water. But nothing could keep that water in the bucket.

It splashed up, straight up, it seemed, and half the bucket hit me square in the face.

Yuck.

See, what had happened was, while the piano practice was going on, a couple of someones decided to "help" me mop, spreading extra water ALL over the kitchen. I ended up having to re-mop the whole thing. Only wet, and smelling like Pine Sol.

No comments: