Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Accidental Squash

I have an Accidental Squash.

See, what happened was, I planted my little garden as usual this spring, only I tried to switch the location of some of the items. The squash got planted at the far end of the plot, at the top of the slope.

Only when the seeds turned into plants, I realized there was a squash plant growing down at the other end, in the grass.

It was a real squash plant, and it was doing really well, so I didn't want to dig it up, but it was growing so fast and so large that the grass around it couldn't be cut.

I lifted part of it and placed it on part of a gate, where the end of it rested quite nicely.

But this squash plant grows so fast that it soon grew pas the gate, and now it's reached the house. It's even got a couple of squash on it now.



The Zucchini up top is also doing well, even though it's growing differently. In the morning the flowers open wide and  the effect is quite beautiful.


 I have tons of tomatoes already. If only they would turn red.


 This is my first year planting this. It isn't as high as an elephant's eye, so I don't know if we'll get anything from it, but yes, it's corn. If I get even one ear I'm doubling the amount I plant for next year.


1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Congratulations! There are TONS of tomatoes in France -- go there & help yourself.

Also, did you ever get the seeds I sent to you in the mail before I left for vacation?