Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Conversations With Nick


Nick has gotten to the point where he will attempt conversation with people he know. He likes to talk, has a wonderful vocabulary, and has no difficulty expressing himself when he wants to tell you something.

But other times, conversation with him is a little bit odd, and seems little... disjointed. Take this conversation, which took place just yesterday. Nick woke up from his nap and then crawled into bed with me, where I was curled up with my eyes shut, trying to sleep.

Nick: I love you, Mommy!
Me (hugging him): Oh, I love YOU! You are so big, sometimes I can't believe you're my baby!
Nick: You're wearing a stripy shirt!
Me: Yes, I am.
Pause
Nick: Are you wearing underwear?
Me: Yes, I am.
Nick: Why are you laughing?

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Ah, they're born with it. He's a typical boy...what else would they ask a woman in bed? Never mind, don't answer!