Thursday, July 19, 2007

Odds and Ends

Here is a photo of the microwave in kitchen in France. Notice anything odd? Missing? No? OK, then pretend you are cooking a microwave meal, and it says to heat for three minutes. You pop it in the microwave, shut the door and press... right! NO NUMBERS! Honestly, cooking anything in this microwave is a combination of luck and luck. I could get it to turn on, but I couldn't figure out how to time anything correctly, so everything ends up cold or, more likely, so hot that you have to set it aside for 24 hours or the skin in you mouth will melt off. Here is a picture of the beach. Look at all the people. I can honestly say that I can think of about thirty five other things I would rather do than hang out with the hundreds of nearly naked people on that beach. One of my life's goals is to AVOID crowds, not dress my pregnant body in a bathing suit and sit in the midst of them. Also, sun is bad for you, and the water is cold. I prefer warmer beaches (Jamaica) with less people and free Margaritas. Also, there was a beach closer to my parents which always had about a third of the people at it, so we just went there.
Finally, here is a picture of Nicholas and his very first piece of chewing gum EVER! He didn't really know what to do with it, so it went in and out of his mouth a lot.

2 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Yah! Pictures! Hooray! I love Nick & the gum! I remember that beach & that microwave too! Good luck on all fronts!

Jamie said...

looks like ancient egyptian hieroglyphics. but no. it's just our microwave