Monday, July 16, 2007

Home Sweet Home

We are all now back home.

I think this week was the longest time I have gone without posting. VERY unlike me, I know, as this is the primary way I communicate with the world. I ALWAYS post. Weekends, Holidays, Busy days, while I'm cooking, cleaning, or in labor. I can usually post something.

The truth is, it was hard to motivate myself while I was in France, for many reasons, but I guess the biggest reason / excuse is that I was lazy.

Anyhow, I am now back, posting once more. Over the next few days I will post stories and events that took place in France, from our trip to the Pope's Palace to walking to the beach. And I'll probably throw in my version of my 14 Julliet tantrum as well. But today I don't have the energy. We didn't get home until midnight last night - that's 6am in France - and although we met with few real difficulties I arrived completely drained. (No one made me unpack my bag, and our second flight was only delayed by 35 minutes - unless you count the 90 minutes spent sitting on the runway the pilot announced was "standard procedure this time of day.")

I will say this: I get nostalgic about France. I may not take walks past our old house or anything like that, but I can't be there without thinking about how it used to be when I was there 20 years ago with my family. So leaving is always sad and bittersweet, even before I start thinking about the people I say goodbye to. I really don't see my family a lot, and I miss them already.

3 comments:

Debs said...

Welcome back :-)
I missed you. Looking forward to hearing all about your trip.

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

I'm happy to hear your trip home was relatively uneventful & I cannot wait to read your other posts about the events of the vacation. But I must also vote with you -- I too miss the French vacations from 20 years ago...when you were all much smaller & all together. I miss you.

Jules said...

Yay you're back! I am very excited to hear lots more about your trip. And no worries about not posting! You were not being lazy...you were on vacation! This was your well-deserved time to relax! Love the pic of you and Nate! Send more! I want more!