Monday, July 23, 2007

Magic in Life

When we were in France, I took Nicholas to Azur Park, formerly a called (and better known as) Luna Park. It's one of those seasonal amusement parks made entirely of recycled scrap metal, lights, and loud noises. When we were kids we used to go whenever we could get my parents to take us, and we would spend French Francs on stupid rides until we collapsed from the brain damage and unsafety of it all.

Nicholas loved Luna Park. But you would never know it from any of the pictures we took. He was so overwhelmed that he hardly smiled, he just had this glazed look of brain overload and panic, the panic of knowing that he had limited time to ride ALL THE RIDES. The only time he smiled was when he was driving the little race cars, and his smile was so wide it was amazing, but unfortunately I have no pictures because Jamie and I were too busy LAUGHING because Nick, as happy as he was, as thrilled as he was, completely misses the point of steering, and kept happily driving at full speed into the walls and other cars. The guy running the ride had to hop on in back and steer for him.

I am not finished with Harry Potter. Give me a break. Nathan hates it when he notices I am doing anything that is not focused on him, and immediately comes over and tries either being so cute I have to squeeze his cheeks, or so bratty I want to sell him to the Gypsies. Probably the ones that run Luna Park.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Yah, Luna Park!!! I wish I had been there to see the look on Nick's face! How did you ever get him home without the crying?? ALthough I can remember getting all of you into the car after a Luna Park excursion & you would be in a state of extreme exhaustion combined with some degree of nausea.