Monday, December 31, 2007

Nothing New Here


I'm sure the readership of this blog has gone down. After all, the baby has been born, so there isn't the same kind of SUSPENSE there was before. Nevertheless, I shall be posting today, and probably tomorrow, ignoring the New Year holiday. Let's face it - I'm exhausted. The only way I'll see midnight is if Andrew happens to be torturing me at that particular time.

This morning I need to change sheets all all three boys beds. Andrew and Nathan both peed so much their diapers couldn't hold it all. And Nicholas apparently decided he no longer needed pull-ups at night, and at some point he took them off. The trouble is, he really DOES need them, and now I have another set of sheets to wash.

Despite finding homes for a lot of new toys, the living room is still a cluttered mess. Mostly because as soon as I put a toy away, that becomes the toy the boys want to play with. And they both want to play with it at the same time. Without sharing. But with a lot of screaming and possibly pushing and shoving.

What it comes down to is... I'm tired. I wish I could sleep for a day and a half. I wish things would stay where I put them instead of migrating to the middle of the floor. I wish that I could accomplish something without having to stop eleven times to either stop a fight, fetch a toy, kiss a boo-boo, or breastfeed breastfeed breastfeed. I wish I didn't feel like screaming or crying half the time - darn these stupid hormones.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Aw, little wiggle worm. I think it's time to replace the linens with rubber or plastic. Then there won't be as many sheets to clean, you could just hose em down between accidents.