Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Fashion Sense

I should have known better than to think a child of mine would have any instinct at all for fashion. I am very picky about what I will wear, choosing mostly solid or muted colors to avoid clashing, and avoiding anything too trendy. I usually love what people give me, but I don't like buying anything that might look foolish or be too risky, or that I might inadvertently pair with something inappropriate. This means I tend not to replace my favorites too much. I will wear the same four t-shirts and same three pairs of pants until they wear out, and then it will take me months to find a suitable replacement.

I have a closet full of clothes, I just can't seem to ever wear them.

My boys have definitely ideas about what they would like to wear. PJ's with boots. Shorts with sweaters. I tend to let them wear whatever they want, thinking that I really don't know much more about fashion than they do. And it makes getting dressed a lot easier, most of the time. Now that I have switched to summer clothes in the drawers, they insist on wearing shorts and flip flops even when it's barely fifty degrees out. And when it's eighty, I have to convince them that they do not need to wear the heavy winter coats I have yet to wash and put away.

2 comments:

Jean C said...

Doesn't matter what they wear. And that includes the monkey suit with the feet cut off. They are (all three) totally adorable. Nicholas looks like such a big boy in this picture. Love the boots.

Debs said...

I have no clothes that fit, or almost none. Three pairs of trousers and a few tops. I guess i'm going for the minimalistic approach to clothes during my pregnancy.
(don't worry, i don't plan to stop wearing them altogether!)