Monday, May 04, 2009

Today


Today was overcast, but mild enough to go out without a sweatshirt. I took the boys to school. I did the laundry and dried it outdoors. I did everything I set out to do. My poison ivy has stopped itching and is getting better. I spent time outdoors with the boys - time actually with them, not working in the yard while they played. The dandelions are taking over, and some of them have poofed, and Nick and Nate blew the white puffs into the breeze while Andy scrunched his lips and shoved the flower in my direction.

It was so wonderful.

So many things are happening soon. On Friday I leave for my cousin's wedding. My sister Emily is graduating from LAW school. And there's Nick's birthday, and parent-teacher conferences... but before that, there is tomorrow. And tomorrow, Linda is having surgery. It's really all I can think about right now. Linda means a lot to me. Her voice is one of the voices I hear guiding me, giving me advice and telling me what I should do when I have trouble figuring it out on my own. I wish her the best, and a speedy recovery.

No comments: