Friday, May 01, 2009

May Day

I haven't been as faithful about posting as I have been in the past. Those of you that have ever given blogging a try know how hard it can be to come up with words for a post every day, or even every other day. And some days I just don't know what to say without complaining or repeating myself or sounding trite.

The truth is, a lot has been going on. Just not with me. With my faithful readers. My friends and my family. And their stories are not mine to talk about, even though I may think about them constantly.

So I write about what's going on. I have poison ivy. It sucks. It's gross. Next week I'm going to Florida for a wedding and I can't go dress shopping because my arm is leaking goo, and I don't have anything that doesn't make me look like a burn victim. And it's a little bit of a problem, because I don't think I can carry off full length gloves. But at the end of the day, I HAVE A RASH! Compared to what most of my readers are going through, it's as normal and everyday as not liking peas or stubbing my toe, and I wouldn't post about THOSE. I mean, I don't have cancer. I'm not about to have an operation. I haven't broken any bones. I have not had to be rushed to the hospital, nor have I had to care for anyone who has been. I am still living with my husband. I have not gotten pregnant. I haven't gotten married. I'm not about to graduate from law school. I am not even going on an African Safari, thank you very much. So what, exactly, do I have to say?

Well, I think what I want to say is that I am grateful for the things that I have, and that I think of everyone often. And I hope that everyone knows it.

No comments: