Saturday, May 09, 2009

Mother's Day

One of the cool things about blogger is that it allows you to pre-post blog posts. I am writing this on Thursday, but plan for it to be published the night before Mother's Day. Because on Mother's Day, I will be in FLORIDA.

WITHOUT MY KIDS.

The only time I've ever left my kids was to go to the hospital to have another kid. Unless you count the time I went to Tennessee to see my Aunt Frances in the hospital, but I don't because that was not what you'd call a vacation. So you see, I feel a little odd.

It's not that I'm not looking forward to my time off. Because I am. And it's not that I don't think they'll be fine. Because they will. (At least I'm pretty sure they will.) I guess I'm just really aware of how much they are going to miss me. There will be tears. I'm sure.

But mostly I know that I will miss them ten times more.

1 comment:

queenmabby said...

hope you are having a great time!