Friday, July 23, 2010

Baby Aftermath

In my planner I have a page dedicated to "Odd Jobs." It's an ongoing list of tasks that need to get done, but which I don't want to do. Or can't seem to find time to do. Like put all the CD's back in the CD case, or clean out that drawer, or that pet closet. Oh, I add things to that list every day of my life.

I have been trying to do at least one of these things every week. Since I have each task written down, I don't fret about it or freak out or try to stall. Suddenly cleaning out the coat closet seems a lot more manageable.

And then, a few days ago, I got to "Get Rid Of Baby Things."

By "Baby Things" I was thinking about the larger baby items. The play yard. The high chair. The baby bath tub. The swing, the bouncer, the saucer, the jumper, the play mat, the booster, the infant car seat, the travel car seat, the front carrier... just a few things taking up half of our basement.

The problem is, I have no idea what to do with this stuff. If I knew someone, anyone, that was having a baby... or maybe even someone who might someday have a baby, or might someday think about having a baby... And would be willing to use broken in furniture... I would keep them. For years, if need be. But at this point I don't think I know anyone like that.

Salvation Army, I guess. If they take that sort of stuff. They'll take some of it, but some places are outstandingly picky. So if anyone knows anyone who wants this kind of stuff, grandparents who might have infants visiting, a couple who are thinking of starting a family... let me know.

3 comments:

g. fox said...

Don't look at me. I'm afraid to own anything or love anybody ever again. Jesus, I'm turning into Johnny Cash.

Jamie said...

A good friend of mine at OSI is having her first baby soon- you want me to ask?

Debs said...

if i lived a little closer I'd take stuff off your hands!