Friday, July 02, 2010

Working Out

Thanks to everyone who commented with their support and encouragement when I posted about my weight. Everyone said really nice things, and I am now taking pictures, shaking up my workout, and setting new goals that don't involve weight, but strength and endurance.

I have cut back on my run, not because I want or need to run less, but because it's summer and I now run with all three boys watching TV in the room. It's like a ticking time bomb, wondering how long they will last before I need to stop and get off and deal with a confrontation or someone banging their head into the wall.

But I have added on a few minutes of other exercises. The other day I did a few things to work on my triceps. I only did a very few, and it felt awkward, not hard. I didn't feel like I worked out at all. But here I am, two days later, and my arms still HURT! So... that's good.

The truth is, I'm a parent. I do whatever I can given the circumstances. Not only with working out, but with everything in my life. And I guess that won't change.

1 comment:

Susan's Losin' said...

That's what life is all about, working it out. You are doing what you can for yourself and your boys! You've got the ticket on making the best/most out of what you are handed! Keep up all you great work, Kathleen!