Thursday, July 29, 2010

Arrested Development

If you haven't seen Arrested Development, you should. Right now. Stop reading, join Netflix, and watch all three seasons. Then you can come back and start reading again.

Seriously, I love this show. I have watched every single episode at least twice. And the part where Tobias jumps off the balcony with the umbrella fifty two times. There is just something about a talented cast and good writing that I really enjoy, and on occasion miss.

But the other thing about Arrested Development is that it's about a family with a lot of grown children. Like Brothers and Sisters, only funny. And when I watch shows like this I can't help but think "It's like my own family!" And it is... with a few notable differences, such as my father not being wanted by the police, and us not living in Southern California, and Ron Howard not narrating the details of our lives... But everything else is EXACTLY the same. Which is why I immediately start casting the show with my own siblings. In my head. You know, which of us is most like Tobias, or Michael, etc. This is especially fun when I'm on my second glass of wine.

Sadly, I came to the conclusion that I am most like Buster, despite the fact that in real life I have progeny and a lifelong mate.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

oh, no no no I am Buster. You are Michael.