Monday, March 28, 2011

Library News

Ever since Nicholas was eighteen months old, I have been taking the kids to Story Hour at the library in our town.

Nick is almost seven now, and too old for Story Hour. Andy has just turned three, and just finished his first five week session of Big Kid Story Hour. I think of it as "The Story Hour Where I Get To Read A Book" because I don't have to participate.

I know I have written about Story Hour Registration before. Even though the library is closed and registration does not begin until 9am, people begin lining up outside the doors at 8am. Then you get a number for each child. And then you get to sign up for one of five possible morning or afternoon sessions.

Because Andrew and Nathan are in school three days a week, and do gymnastics, and because Andrew still usually naps on the afternoons, we usually choose Thursday mornings to do Story Hour.

Well, yesterday the phone rang and it was the Children's Librarian. She was calling to let me know that Thursday mornings weren't going to be available this time around - there were too many conflicts with the day, and they would have had to cancel two of the five classes.

And she was calling me because she knew that we preferred Thursday mornings, and didn't want me to be surprised when we showed up for registration.

I am telling you, I LOVE this woman and this library. I mean, who does this? How thoughtful is that?

No comments: