Sunday, March 06, 2011

Sick Again

I was sick again.

I woke up on Friday a little after five. And I was tired. Because it was 5am. And I didn't want to work out, but I reminded myself that I always feel better when I work out, and always feel icky and eat more junk when I don't.

So I dragged myself out of bed and made myself run five miles. I went slower than usual, adding on a little extra time. I wasn't gasping for breath the way I sometimes do.

And then Andy came down, and I walked him back up the stairs and we got the other boys... and then I realized I wasn't tired in the usual way.

I kept having to sit down. I didn't want coffee. I DID NOT WANT COFFEE. Or food. Also, my tummy was starting to hurt.

I managed to get the kids to school, and then I slept. And then I picked Andy and Nate up, and I slept some more. I called Steve and asked him to bring home milk. I watched a little TV, but my head was hurting, so I stopped. And I slept some more. Nick came home, and I put on a movie. I climbed back into bed. Steve came home. I said hello to him, and I climbed back into bed.

And I stayed there until 6am this morning.

I feel much better now. A whole different person.

No comments: