Thursday, March 03, 2011

Pores

In my quest to uncover all of my flaws, I have discovered that I have large pores.

I know. This is odd. I don't spend a lot of time thinking about things like pores or my skin, unless I'm breaking out or sunburned. But apparently, this way of thinking has added up to years of neglect. And now my skin is blotchy and uneven and I have large pores. I must have read an article or something, because I can't figure out why I suddenly became obsessed with this.

Anyway, there is no cure for large pores. You just cleanse your skin and then try to tighten them up somehow. I chose to do this with a mud mask which I purchased at the grocery store.

I used it. I was pleased, all things considered. But mostly I was pleased with my blue mud face. So was Nathan, who was startled into silence when he came in to ask me / complain about something and saw me propped up on pillows, my face bright blue. He stood there for a few moments, a little smile or his lips, his eyes HUGE, and then left. I think he was torn between screaming and asking me to put some on him. Then he left and I overheard him telling Andy I had blue on my face.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

:) Precious. I don't know if I've said this, but your blog is my favorite read in the AM. I look forward to it every day.

Unknown said...

Imbalances in the kidneys result in bags under the eyes; liver toxicity shows as furrows, hormone imbalance: vertical lines above the mouth; lines along side the mouth show poor digestion. Often herbal medicine, dietary changes and skin care products will be recommended to balance overall health and the appearance of the skin.

Dr. name: Dr. Kathleen Rosenblatt
Email: DrKathleen90077@gmail.com
Visit the website for more information- www.brainbodybliss.com

Acupuncture and massage:
eliminate fine lines
lessen deep wrinkles
firm sagging skin
lift droopy eyes
improve skin tone
tighten pores
increase collagen production
eliminate puffiness
reduce double chins
promote overall health
slow down the aging process