Thursday, September 08, 2011

Blue Velvet Cake

Linda sent me a recipe for Blue Velvet Cake. And it actually looked pretty good, so I decided to make it to celebrate the first day of school for the boys.

The cake did look really nice, even though it was something of a pain to make because the cake part is actually an angel food cake - using 11 egg whites, which I didn't beat as much as I should have before adding the sugar.

Also, it took 2 whole ounces of food coloring. For the record, that's 8 of the little bottles you get in a 4 pack of food coloring. It's a lot of dye. And for the record, blue food coloring does not digest very well. It's one thing when you can keep the information to yourself, and it's another when a three-year-old is happily running down the hall screaming "Mom! Mom! I pooped dark green!"







1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Wow! It really does look like Smurf Cake!!