Sunday, September 18, 2011

Fall Is Here

Over the past few weeks I've noticed a few leaves on trees blushing, and the temperature at night has been cooler.

But a couple of nights ago, it got downright cold.

What's the difference? Long sleeves and a jacket. I now have to check the weather every day to know what is appropriate to dress my kids in. I don't want to put shorts on them if the high is 61 degrees. Or let them wear long sleeves if it's going to get close to 80. Suddenly I am picking out their outfits for them, and hoping they have enough warmer clothing to last them until they pick up their toys and I can reach the clothing storage bins, currently covered in toys at the back of the closet.

The when I check the weather online, there are frost advisories.... until 8am. Which means I have to think about putting my vegetable garden to bed. I am going to do that this year, so that the earth can, you know, recharge.

I'm also waiting and putting off putting in the storm windows, at least until the weather gets warm and cools again. If I time it right and nature cooperates, we can keep the heat off until late October.

2 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Fall is here too! And there was no transition, just hot one day & cold the next!

Chad said...

It's my favorite time of the year, but I can see how it could be frustrating dealing with the issues you wrote about! Enjoy the fall on the East Coast for me. I miss it with all my heart!