Friday, September 02, 2011

School Daze

Over the summer I had rather gotten used to taking my time with our morning routine. I ran, I let the kids play when they woke up. I let them dawdle over breakfast. I didn't rush them getting dressed until I got out of the shower myself.

And now suddenly we have a school bus to miss.

We need to catch it at a little past eight. Just a week ago, we would still be hanging around the kitchen, cleaning up from breakfast.

Instead, it's a rush. I rush the boys through cereal, and then rush them into clothes. I jump in and out of the shower, hoping everyone will have shoes on when I get out. And that no one will have toothpaste all down the front of his shirt. Then I scramble to make sure everyone has a lunch, or a snack and that all of the papers the nice new teachers sent home for me to complete has been completed and has been placed in the correct backpacks.

This is going to be a crazy year.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Keep running yourself & keep pushing them to do more themselves! This academic year will be gone before you know it!