Friday, September 30, 2011

Bend In The Wind

I schedule everything.

I know, I know, I've told you this before, why am I telling you this again? It's just that I don't think you understand how kind of creepy I realize it is. How at the start of every month I will flip to the following month in my planner and scribble "groceries" every Friday and "change sheets" every Thursday, and "laundry" every single day of the month.

Since school started, I've been scrambling. I simply can't get everything done on the days I have them scheduled.

So I'm rescheduling. Cleaning the house, changing the sheets, grocery shopping... they are all happening on different days.

While I'm at it I might as well mention that instead of running six miles Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, I am running six miles on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and running for just thirty minutes on the other days. I know you were all wondering about that.

Also, instead of having a fixed vegetarian dinner night, I retain the right to place it on any day of the week I choose, with or without notice.

Boy, am I flexible! Um, schedule-wise. You believe me, don't you?

2 comments:

Susan's Losin' said...

I love your honesty! You and I are so different. I hesitate to schedule because what if I don't do it? Can I stand the feeling of failure? You are awesome and get so much accomplished! You go girl!

Debs said...

I think i've discovered that at the moment what i need to to plan some stuff, but be flexable. Since I'm getting pretty tired and life with a toddler while pregnant isn't always easy, my plan mighnt be 'wash the dishes' or 'get out the house to buy milk', but i know that i'm happier when i have something to achieve, rather than drifting through the day/week.
I'm in awe of people who manage to schedule in a more structured way than i ever can!