Sunday, September 16, 2012

Temporary Eat-In Kitchen

The thing about having to pack up your kitchen and move to a different space is that you begin to understand what's important.

We need a microwave and a toaster oven. We need a coffee maker. We do not need the the waffle maker or the cookie press. (es.) We also don't really need a food dehydrator. How do we get these things? Do we really need to keep them?

I did pack away a few items I would regularly use if I had an oven or a stove. Like my mini cuisinart and my kitchen-aid mixer. OK, maybe I don't use that mixer all that much, but I do love it. I use the hand mixer a lot more frequently.


I did my best to keep our temporary kitchen down to the essentials, but even now I'm realizing we have a lot more than we need down there. In some cases, to keep stuff together, I used the old drawers. I really had no idea how many spices we had until I stood them all up in this drawer.

I've also decided that, if I'm even in a situation where I need to rent a studio apartment, or a house with no shelving, I'm investing in these exact rolly carts for storage. The company doing the work provided us with them, but they look nice, and hold a lot. I could totally see myself, alternate universe, storing my dishes on them because my kitchen was only the size of a closet.





1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

I have more spices/herbs than you do & I live in a NYC apt!